VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President, Finance & Information Systems, the Senior Customer Service Representative/Administrative Assistant (SCSR) is responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical and administrative tasks to support the Foundation’s finance and operations functions.
As a first point of contact for donors, volunteers, hospital staff, and the public, the Senior Customer Service Representative/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to callers/visitors to the Foundation.
The SCSR is also responsible for general office maintenance, as well as providing administrative support to the Finance and Human Resources department.
Customer Service - Front Desk, Office Administration (20%) (1 day per week + daily lunch coverage + 5 weeks of vacation)
Customer Service - Front Desk and Switchboard
- Plans, organizes and manages reception schedules and activities
- Answers and directs incoming calls from a variety of sources, i.e. donors, public and hospital representatives
- Receives, directs and otherwise assists visitors and public on bona fide business to the appropriate person or department within the Foundation or Hospital
- Handles Tribute enquiries and donations when the Tribute Coordinator is not available
- Maintains General Foundation email box reading, replying and forwarding emails
- Handles all telephone enquiries for Millionaire and Hometown Heroes Lottery. Checks winning numbers for purchasers. Coordinates with Auditor’s office regarding changes and removal of contact information from the Lottery database. (Over 300 annually)
- Trains volunteers, temporary and new staff reception duties and office operations
- Maintains Petty Cash float of $500. Fills out vouchers and prepares expense report for reimbursement
- Maintains appropriate level of copier paper and toner supplies. Orders office supplies
- Receives invoices for offices supplies, couriers and postage. Reconciles for payment
- Processes Courier orders, including Board packages
- Prepares and submits maintenance requests for office repairs including photocopiers and coordinates office moves including phones, desks and equipment
- Prepares maintenance and stores requisitions as it relates to office needs
- Prepares Staff Whereabouts from Attendance Schedule and staff calendars
- Boardroom bookings - reserves space, prints and posts daily schedules
- Handles all equipment requests
- Office Fire Marshal
- Sorts and distributes mail. Sorts returned mail and updates information in Raiser’s Edge
- Annual Giving Direct Mail Campaigns - Sorts a high volume of returned mail. Enters changes, adds and deactivates donors and prospect accounts in Raiser’s Edge. Processes a high volume of telephone calls requesting removal of contact information from rented lists. (Over 1,000 addresses annually)
- Entering all email unsubscribe requests via Luminate and other sources into RE (500+ requests in mailbox at most times)
Administrative Assistant, Finance & Operations (80%)
- Acts as an administrative liaison between Finance department and hospital staff regarding Foundation accounts, corresponding with Foundation fundraisers, physicians, researchers, nurses and administrators
- Ensures all signatories and terms of reference are up to date as well as opening/closing funds
- Maintains current and accurate paper and electronic fund records
- Schedules meetings and provides administrative support for SVP Finance & Information Systems
- Health and Safety Committee Member
- Assists Human Resources Coordinator in:
- Creation & maintenance of HR records in Raiser’s Edge
- Office moves
- New employee set up (phone list, signage, e-directory)
- New employee CSR orientation
- Storage Management – office, offsite, Diamond,
- Foundation Liaison for Gift Shop
- Office supplies, Furniture, Equipment
- Housekeeping service requests
- Security Issues
Other duties as required:
- Coordination of annual Holiday Artisan market
- Organization of any other fundraising sales in the hospital
Working RelationshipsInternal Contact
- Foundation staff
- Hospital staff
- Market Vendors
University degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Minimum 3-5 years experience in similar role.
Strong supervisory experience an asset.
Demonstrated ability to deal courteously and professionally with clients in person and over the telephone.
Excellent customer service, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills
Extensive knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients (donors, volunteers, prospects, public, hospital staff)
Able to exercise initiative and prioritize work to complete tasks and meet deadlines
Detail oriented and able to multi-task
Accurate typing speed of 60 wpm
Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge and other related computer skills
This is a full-time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits. Start date: Immediate.
Any Special Application Instructions
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter, with “Senior Customer Service Representative/Administrative Assistant, Finance & Information Systems” in the subject line by January 20, 2017 to:
Corina Somerville (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
855 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9