Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Develops and implements cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of approximately 300 potential donors to raise leadership annual and capital gifts to the University. Facilitates and coordinates communication and positive interactions with prospects and donors as well as among the prospects’ campus relationships. Travel (possibly extensively) to meet with donors, prospects and volunteers.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of fund raising or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to donors, volunteers and colleagues, including tact, diplomacy, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality inside and outside the Office of Development.
- Initiative and self-starting capacity. Excellent fundraising, negotiating, organizational and analytical skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to understand the objectives of University fundraising priorities, and to integrate goals with those objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2q1DCrX. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.