The Director’s primary responsibilities are management of the donor database, day-to-day operations of the Data Entry Department, and data reporting. The Director reports to the CFO and works closely with the Network Administrator, senior management team (SMT), Financial Resource Development (FRD), accounting, and marketing. The Director plays a leadership role in developing and implementing the Federation’s vision and plans for its fundraising systems and operations, ensuring that software and business processes run smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee donor database (currently Blackbaud CRM)
- Work closely with the Network Administrator on database service packs, upgrades, plug-ins, feature testing, data uploads and mergers, as well as integration between donor database, accounting and marketing systems
- Supervise Data Entry Department
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of donor data
- Create and maintain business processes for efficient and effective workflow of the Department; automate processes as needed
- Work closely with SMT, FRD, accounting and marketing to establish and maintain standard reports and enable customization as needed (with the help of outside consultants if necessary)
- Produce or assist with the production of financial, analytical, and demographic reports, as well as mailing list counts, mailing lists, recognition lists, and other data extractions as requested
- Optimize the use of the Federation’s fundraising software by staying current on upcoming enhancements and industry trends
- Oversee and serve as back up for all transactions (i.e., cash, checks, credit card payments, pledges, payment plans etc.) and donor record updates
- Train all organizational users on the donor database navigation and reporting
- Manage the acknowledgement, tax receipt, and pledge statement processes
- Present at meetings as needed
- Use analytics to test effectiveness of various fundraising appeals, including market segmentation
- Conduct data integrity testing, data clean-up tasks, and NCOA updates
- Oversee hiring, promotions, training, and evaluation of staff in the Department
- Ensure the effectiveness of the federation’s fundraising software, and providing advice on related infrastructure issues, projects, budgets, options, and the impacts of decisions
- Develop and manage Department’s budget
- Serve as backup for donor phone calls and email inquiries
- Perform other related duties as assigned
• Three to five years of experience in database management and administration is required.
• Proven ability to learn database programs; experience with Blackbaud CRM is not required but preferred.
• Report development experience is a plus.
• Excellent Excel skills, including pivot tables.
• Ability to work with big data.
• Non-profit experience is preferred.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and priority setting skills
• Good communications skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to adapt to a changing work environment and conflicting priorities.
• Work well under pressure with periodic heavy loads in a team environment.
• Proficiency with standard computer programs such as MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.