Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: As part of Yale School of Nursing’s advancement team, the Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the broad alumni solicitation programs for YSN, as well as encouraging financial engagement of alumnae/i and friends with YSN, especially through the YSN Alumnae/i Association (YSNAA). The successful candidate must manage complex institutional relationships and processes, as well as coordinate the efforts of alumni volunteers, staff, faculty, and students. This position is vital to YSN’s development effort as it must expand and deepen the donor pool by increasing the number of annual donors, increasing their level of annual giving, and managing the transition from annual giving donor to major donor. The incumbent will be assessed on activity level related to the fund, including dollars raised, alumni participation, and the number of leadership annual fund gifts.
The incumbent will assist in the design and implement a compelling alumni relations plan with a significant emphasis on giving, healthy involvement, and volunteerism, and initiate and support alumni involvement of all types. This position reports to the Director of Development for YSN.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required. Four years of event planning and/or related experience.
- Professionalism, maturity, good judgment, and ability to work with confidential material.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, and self-starting capacities. Superior oral and written communication ability; comfortable with occasional public speaking situations before small and large groups.
- Well-developed computer skills, including presentation of qualitative and quantitative information, and the use of social media. The ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple, complex tasks.
- The ability and willingness to travel periodically and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Excellent relationship building skills; able to facilitate cooperation and collaboration among alumni and with representatives of the School.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Knowledge of Yale and Yale’s programs. Event management experience.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2lR16xp. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.