We started these sites in 2004. As we added content, interest grew. We added lots of samples and white papers, created the first regularly updated blog on fundraising operations, advancement and development services and finance and administration in support of fundraising organizations.
Where we are today …
The sites are industry recognized resources and are referenced at conferences, occasionally in the media, on other sites, listservs and accessed from all over the world.
- Over 1 million visitors per year.
- 300 – 400 jobs posted on the job board annually.
- Hundreds of pages of content, many of which have been submitted by contributors just like you that are interesting in sharing their ideas with the profession.
- Resources continue to be supplied at no cost to visitors.
- The costs of running the site are covered by a few of our sponsors and strategic partners.
Our Current Plans …
We’re currently undertaking a major branding change and we are going from SupportingAdvancement (which for most visitors has a higher education context) to SupportingFundraising which is a little more inclusive of the broader non-profit sector.
We’re also moving the site to a more current technological platform in order to improve the overall functionality and workings of the site – and in turn we hope to provide a better and more useful experience for all of you that use the site. We have a lot of content, so this will take a while to move it into the new property.
Thanks for taking the time to visit and we hope you’ll find this site to be useful for you.
More information …