Brian W Dowling, the principal and founder of SupportingFundraising provides the following consulting services to Canadian clients.
Help for your Back Office
We are pleased to be able to offer affordable and comprehensive consulting that is tailored to you and your organization.
- We start with a discussion of your needs to see if there’s a fit with our services.
- Your solution will always be customized to your organization’s requirements.
- Our recommendations will be based on best practices within the sector.
- Reports and recommendations will include additional materials to reinforce best practices.
- We believe in knowledge transfer so you develop the skills you need in-house.
- If we don’t have the answer we’ll find someone who does and connect you with them.
- We are competitive with our pricing and won’t sell you what you don’t need.
Technology, Database, Records and Infrastructure Management Comprehensive Technology, Systems and Business Process Review (Back Room Audit)
- Software Selection and Implementation
- Process Improvements
- Technology Strategy and Planning
- Reporting Infrastructure, Metrics and Data Warehouse Construction, Report Development
- Data Integrity Management
- Gift Accounting Procedures: Working Together Efficiently
- Software, Technical and other Training
- e Philanthropy Reviews and Strategy Recommendations
- Comprehensive Review of Your e Philanthropy Programs
- Website Analysis, Development and Strategy
- Review and Development of Policies and Procedures
- Staff Recruitment, Coaching, Development and Training
- Prospect Management and Research
His management experience includes: technology and information systems, software conversions, gifts and records processing/management, prospect research, document imaging, web sites, online programs, finance, investments, working with senior management teams, strategic planning, boards and committees and other duties that help organizations manage their fundraising, constituent engagement and sustainability.
Brian’s current role of Senior Vice President for Finance and Information Systems at the VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation started in 2008.
Brian worked previously at the University of Michigan and was responsible for managing the technological infrastructure, gift processing and records administration for the Office of University Development. This was in support of a $3.1 billion campaign with annual fundraising revenues of $250-$370 million. The database contained over 1,000,000 entities and over 184,000 gift transactions were processed annually.
Prior to that, Brian worked at The University of Toronto. The University’s $1 billion plus campaign was Canada’s largest and most successful philanthropic effort in higher education. The database of over 700,000 entities supported a large-scale decentralized advancement operation.
Brian also worked at a number of other institutions and businesses in the United States and Canada, where he gained knowledge and perspectives of managing in small, medium and large shops. This experience included multiple system conversions, website development, budgetary and financial responsibilities, operations management and more.
He provides consulting services in Canada, the United States, Asia and Australia, has written many articles, is a published author and speaks at conferences and through webinars. He was a founding board member of the Association of Advancement Services Professionals and a founding committee member of the BC Blackbaud Users Group.